General Information On Engaged And Getting Married
Anyone can get hitched for as long the criteria are met by them in line with the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, someplace else in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and also have an application authorized.
The initial it is possible to use is four months ahead of the date you intend to get hitched.
If you’re to obtain hitched in a new town than your town of residence, or perhaps in a church or other spiritual community, you need to submit an application for a alleged “provelsesattest”. If you’re to have hitched abroad you need to make an application for an “?gteskabsattest”.
The applying form may be the exact same regardless of document you make an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law plus the Aliens Act has brought influence on the 1 st of January 2019. You can easily find out more about that plus the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right right Here it is possible to find out about the alternative of a available air wedding into the City of Copenhagen.
right Here you are able to learn about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put which you decide.
Read more concerning the needs
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had impact on the first of 2019 january.
The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding will likely to be prepared by way of a central national product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications into the main nationwide product are couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or Nordic citizens
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- never have acquired a residence that is permanent for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still wedding that is performing.
You need to send your application towards the municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bop?lskommune) if the two of you meet the following criteria:
- You might be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You’ve got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can find out more about it on the web site for the continuing State management by hitting this website website link.
You can easily find out more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you should be both subscribed as residents in Denmark, and also NemID, you need to fill out and deliver the notice of wedding type digitally.
Essential: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before giving the application.
Utilizing the application you need to deliver the after documents:
- Scan of one’s passport or national ID card if you should be perhaps not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with the EU-rules, if you’re not a Danish or Nordic resident
- When you yourself have lived an additional nation than Denmark within the last few years, we possibly may request a certificate of marital status from your own past nations of residence
If your document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe not granted by A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 versions: the first, and a interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done by way of a certified translator.
If you’re a resident in a Nordic nation you need to submit listed here
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are given by Skatteverket, and needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever you send out them to us.
- Scan associated with the photo web web page of the legitimate passport
The provingsattest is released by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan for the image web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The provelsesattest must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Scan associated with image web web page of one’s legitimate passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriages can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee that you’ll get hitched at the time you initially desire, so please usually do not book travelling tickets until your date for the wedding happens to be verified because of the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses you are welcome to create your personal. There is no need to share with us concerning this until instantly prior to the marriage service
- Exact exact Same intercourse marriages is probably not recognised far away
- If you want to have your wedding certification legalised, you will find information right here
- You can easily just improve your title if you should be registered as being a resident in Denmark
- For those who have been hitched abroad it is possible to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration office) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You are able to read more and discover contact information for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
When you have NemID it is possible to compose a protected mail via this website link.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic concerns
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including obtaining a right time for the wedding party
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon